Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 6 v.2012

My winter season has been hard to weather.  The storms have been fierce and cold causing me to re-evaluate goals, life and my heart towards it all.

I've been reading Ecclesates...  befuddled at the route that I need to take for my mission and frustrated about the disappointments I've recently faced.  I continue to feel that God has me on a different path and continues to call me on a different route.  Why? I don't know.  How is it going to happen? I don't know.  But I set forth accepting my I don't know because I know He does.

Then it dawned on me.  I felt God cultivating a new stream of thoughts as I felt Him saying: "Who was Moses when I called Him? How about Jacob? Joseph? Noah?"  I've never thought about that.  Did Moses have experience leading the Israelites through an Exodus?  Did Joseph have experience leading others through a famine?  Did Noah have experience building an ark and leading through the floods? How could he? It never rained before.

It's hitting me as I type that experience is valid, but it's not everything.  Obedience, faithfulness... those are everything.  Diligence is key.  When one is called to do something, God makes it happen.  I don't know how, nor am I probably supposed to.  When one is called out, they are called to do something different.  They may not have all their ducks in a row.  They may not even have ducks.  But they do have something else that God wants to use to show His glory, His power and ultimately... His love.

So now what?  The quote "Prepare for rain" comes to mind.  "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, body and strength" also resonates.

"If our God is for us, who can be against us?"  So true.  But, I'm realistic... I'm human.  I'm looking at all the teachers and filmmakers who have walked this path before and see the structure, the path to go on.  I want to do as they did because I hear that is the way.  Yet, I'm remind.  That's their path.  That's not mine.

How long am I going to have a similar attitude as Moses did and say things like: "God, but...?  I can't speak, I can't this..." before He's going to have to get an Aaron for me to do the talking?  I'm looking at all the others and their routes, but I should be looking at God and following His way.

Listening to other's instructions is absolutely important.  It would not be wise for me to ignore all the advice, coaching and wisdom I've been blessed to receive.  I'm thankful God gave me all of the lessons.  I heed their wisdom and am so thankful for the investment of their time and energy.   But, I feel that I must use their instruction differently and set out on the path God has laid out for me.

If God has designed this calling, then it is by His design that the calling will come forth.  If I have my eyes on Him and keep my feet in His will, then when the purposes of Him come around, I'll be ready.  I am designed, created by Him.  This calling, He has designed, created for me.  Therefore, only by His design will it come to pass and I will be on this ark navigating the floods.

So I pray for the rains to come.   Let them come.

No comments:

Post a Comment